3 Fallacies of Early Wins and How to Avoid Them to Build a Successful marketing Plan
You work at an innovative company with a disruptive product that helps your customers "kill it." The early team has been successful in winning the first few customers. Now it is time to scale your customer acquisition efforts. That’s on your shoulders. After all, you are the marketing star! Without you, the sun does not rise! Sound familiar?
Are early customer wins an indicator of greater success ahead? Can you build a successful Marketing plan based on early customer wins?
Join this webinar to:
- Understand what lessons to take away from early wins
- Learn what traps of early successes to avoid.
- Understand how to recognize if you have achieved product-market-fit or are ready to cross the chasm
- Learn how to know which lessons to scale and which to avoid
- Learn how to develop a layered-in marketing plan that ensures lasting success
About the Mentor:
"I believe in understanding human issues and get excited about launching products that help overcome genuine problems. Worked in software, consumer hardware, marketplaces, beauty, and education. Currently helping companies and entrepreneurs across Europe, Africa, India, and the US.
Strong track record of Starting-Up, Scaling-Up and Turnaround businesses across a broad range of leadership roles across the world. As CEO, COO, GM and CMO, successfully led businesses ranging from under $20M to over $1B in revenue. Expertise in strategy, marketing, product, sales, M&A and alliances.
• Helped build the world’s first SaaS Security business
• Helped scale revenue from under $100m to over $700m
• Taken several start-ups from concept to growth stage
• Turned failing tech businesses into multi-million-dollar operations and get acquired
• Won several awards – CES Innovation Award(s); Fast Company World Changing Ideas award; MWC 2020 4YFN Innovation Award finalist; Stevie Award etc.
MENTORING & ADVISORY WORK — Mentor and advisor to over 20 founders and startups. Helping develop business and go-to-market strategy, talent development, raising funds and M&A. Some select engagements:
• ADVISORY BOARDS: ROI Mantra, FigLeaf, ID Guard, Teadora, GrowthSimple
• CARBONITE: Helped draft the company’s first partner distribution plan. Led to hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue; went public
• ID ANALYTICS: Created their consumer business strategy and marketing plan. Helped get acquired by LifeLock for $200M
• IDENTITY GUARD: Helped build their marketing measurements infrastructure
• BITDEFENDER: Helped develop US presence and recruited the first US Marketing team; designed initial marketing strategy and programs
• CURRENTLY MENTORING: Founders and companies in Analytics/Machine Learning, Education, Marketplaces and FinTech
• GUEST LECTURER, EXECUTIVE MBA PROGRAM: Marketing and Entrepreneurship Guest lectures at Leavey School of Business
• MENTOR, UNIVERSITY OF LUXEMBOURG INCUBATOR: Mentoring multiple startups at the incubator